The GOOD cycle ensures that the strategy is regularly incorporated into operational implementation.
- The Game or Set Goals.
- Observe or watch the situation
- Determineorientation or options for action
- Decide or decide what will be implemented.
The GOOD cycle or sense-making cycle relies heavily on Simon Wardley’s strategic gameplay:
- Step 1 – Establish the cycle
- Step 2 – Get to know the landscape
- Step 3 – Learn and use climate patterns
- Step 4 – Learn and apply the doctrine
- Step 5 – Learn and apply stratagems